• Starlight Academy
    A MODERN FANTASY ROLEPLAY



  • Welcome

    If you are reading this, then you are a very special person. Unique, gifted, different; it does not matter how you wish to phrase it. As a result, I would like to congratulate you on your invitation to Starlight Academy. We are looking forward to meeting you.

    Starlight Academy is a laid back roleplaying community with a goal in mind: to have fun while roleplaying. We post at our own pace, we plot to our hearts desire, and you decide how your roleplaying experience will be.
Dismiss Notice
Threads: 16,541
Posts: 185,754
Members: 865
Dismiss Notice
Interested in learning about Starlight Academy? Our SA Success Guide includes an overview of the site, and has helpful links to everything you might want to know!

Private 88 Year Blossom

Discussion in 'Forbidden Forest' started by Pallas, Sep 16, 2018.

  1. Pallas
    Pallas

    Well-Known Member
    Ranger

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2016
    Messages:
    972
    As the midday sun radiated from the blue sky high above, a beautiful flower of unnatural size unfurled its vast petals as they bask in its inviting glow. Within the center cavity sleeps a young dark skinned girl curled in her sleep within a honey-like liquid. Though she would seem to an outside observer at peace, in her dreaming her mind reaches out for miles and miles sensing the many minds wandering near and far with telepathy. While many or of lesser note to her mental radar, there was one signature that caught her interest, a mind belonging not to common beast but of something with the spark of on intelligence... some form of human? Part of her question whatever would bring them here but then this individual was not the first and likely not the last such person she would encounter. While she could sense that they were still well within the forest... based on their trajectory they will end up to her hidden location unless she was to intervene. She knows not what brings to such an obviously dangerous location but focus her telekinesis on the person to warn and dissuade them from further advance into her territory. There are some places where people were never meant to tread on.

    [Thou intrude on place thou not belong. I know naught for reason unknown that brought to my domain but I ask that thou return from once it came. There is nothing for thou in these woods, only danger and certain death. If thou in need guidance out of this winding wood, I can provide escort for thou so long as thou promise not to return to this place.] warned Pallavi through her telepathy. To Eli, it would sound like a disembodied voice inside of her head suddenly speaking to her with a slight song-like quality to it with every uttered word. Looking would would reveal the only the dense, twisting trees and brambles indicative for much of the forbidden forest with little else in sight.

    @Schrodinger's Cat
     
  2. Schrodinger's Cat
    Schrodinger's Cat

    The Cat that collects superpowers

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2017
    Messages:
    795
    Pronouns:
    Male / Neutral
    Character Hub:
    Link
    Posting Status:
    Intermittent
    Elisa Pelham
    Eli, still in the form of Elisa, was burnt out, she needed some time to herself after her attempts at getting people to vote for her, and where else than the place where people usually stayed away?

    Trekking through the forest, Elisa looked out for noises of any kind. Every time she came here, there was always something there to endanger her life in some way. So far, it was a spider-robot girl and another Girl made entirely of Warmachines. Good times for them. Painful times for her.

    It wasn't that Elisa went directly seek out danger, just that she was curious. Currently, there was no differentiation between the two, as she ignored the voice in her head, and continued on her path. If there was a disembodied voice, there had to be something amazing.
     
  3. Pallas
    Pallas

    Well-Known Member
    Ranger

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2016
    Messages:
    972
    ... silence? Pallavi received no response and could sense no deviation from their path... this was bad. If this person continued to press forward they may accidentally discover. And if that happened she would have to...

    [Can you hear me? If you can... you really really really should turn around now.] spoke up the disembodied voice, which dropped the use of the of the ye old speak. [Because... if you do I... I will have to kill you. And... I really don't want to do that. So please... turn around and go back to your home? Whatever you do... please don't enter the place filled with fog. Because once you enter there is no going back for you...]

    As the mysterious stranger continued to trudge down the Forbidden forest... now to close for her own comfort, she suddenly shoots up awake staring off in the distance where she last detected the trespasser direction. She wipes away some of the gooey nectar still sticking to her and looks out nervously... wondering who this person could be and why they come? Why would it be that they not heed her warnings? Do they not know what she will be forced to do once they meet? This was bad, this was really bad was all that Pallavi was thinking.

    As her tongue flicked out, tasting the air, she raised her hand. Around her an eeire mist begin to envelope the area all around her until at least the clearing is completely obstructed by a thick fog. Once Elisa reaches the edge of the clearing, she would find a fog so thick that one could cut with a knife as it hides a small meadow filled with vibrantly colored flowers.
     
  4. Schrodinger's Cat
    Schrodinger's Cat

    The Cat that collects superpowers

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2017
    Messages:
    795
    Pronouns:
    Male / Neutral
    Character Hub:
    Link
    Posting Status:
    Intermittent
    Elisa Pelham
    The tone of voice changed as she walked. "I guess it wasn't an ancient mystery." She said out loud, but pressed on. The voice was still there, after all.

    Looking for the foggy place, she quickly found it. Resting on the outskirts, she quickly swiped at it, testing its safety. Her hand was fine, but a small cloud drifted off from the rest.

    "Hello?" She called out into the fog. Someone was in there, she definitely knew.
     
  5. Pallas
    Pallas

    Well-Known Member
    Ranger

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2016
    Messages:
    972
    Pallavi could hear the voice come out to her from the edge of the fog and somnolenly lowered her head and closed her eyes, daring not to speak in small hope they turn away. She could hear them near calling out to her... she could taste with a flick of her tongue as they stand unknowingly at the border of life and death. Once they had crossed the threshold was cross... Pallavi knew what she had to do and she hated it... hating herself for convincing herself that her life was so far above those who wandered her before.

    Pallavi rests her butt on one of the massive flower petals like a sofa seat surrounded by heavy fog. As she sat in waiting for the arrival of the stranger... she quietly prayed that they wouldn't cry... crying always made her feel especially bad...
     
  6. Schrodinger's Cat
    Schrodinger's Cat

    The Cat that collects superpowers

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2017
    Messages:
    795
    Pronouns:
    Male / Neutral
    Character Hub:
    Link
    Posting Status:
    Intermittent
    Elisa Pelham
    Taking a leap of faith, Elisa jumped into the fog. She had no idea where she was going, so she held her hands up in front of her, looking out for trees and the like.

    Before she jumped in though,she yelled to the voice. "I'm not leaving yet."
     
  7. Pallas
    Pallas

    Well-Known Member
    Ranger

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2016
    Messages:
    972
    Pallavi made no reply, sensing that though the person had now stepped into the fog, they were not close enough for her to strike at them... perhaps if she kept quite they would pass by her without ever seeing her? She heard her calling out that she was not leaving yet but maybe if she could just... wait it out she will tire of searching of her in the fog and just go. That would be the happy ending to this encounter wouldn't it? Part of her suspected that they be too persistent and walk into the center of the fog in which case... she will be forced to take action.

    As Eli jumped through into the fog, they will realize that the left into a meadow thick with vibrantly colored flowers. While it feels a bit cooler inside the fog, nothing would immediately happened to Eli. While the fog is thick, this unnatural fog seems to have been conjured by some unseen force in an effort to hide something.
     
  8. Schrodinger's Cat
    Schrodinger's Cat

    The Cat that collects superpowers

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2017
    Messages:
    795
    Pronouns:
    Male / Neutral
    Character Hub:
    Link
    Posting Status:
    Intermittent
    Elisa Pelham
    Landing softly, she was surprised at where she landed, as while the rest of the immediete area was dense forest, this seemed another wold, full of flowers. Not that she could see far.

    Continuing on her course, which would pass within eyeshot of the centre, she continued to call out. "Hello? Is everything okay? Are you lost in the fog?"
     
  9. Pallas
    Pallas

    Well-Known Member
    Ranger

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2016
    Messages:
    972
    "... sorry... things were okey until... until you came. You were not suppose to find me..." replied Pallavi verbally from the depths of the fog. In that instant, several large roots break out from the earth below Eli's feet and attempt to grab her by her legs.

    "I... I tried to tell n-not to come but... you ignored my warnings. I... I understand that your curious but... now I have to... I'm so sorry... I wish it didn't have to come to this..." lamented Pallavi as her roots attemp to holds Eli down to prevent them from moving anywhere.
     
  10. Schrodinger's Cat
    Schrodinger's Cat

    The Cat that collects superpowers

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2017
    Messages:
    795
    Pronouns:
    Male / Neutral
    Character Hub:
    Link
    Posting Status:
    Intermittent
    Elisa Pelham
    "But I haven't fou-" Her argument was cut short by the ground exploding to reveal tree roots, instantly wrapping themselves around her legs.

    "Wait!" Elisa cried out into the fog, She couldn't move her feet at all. "Where are you? What are you planning to do to me?"
     


Be appropriate - Log into the Cbox - Don't spam - Don't advertise - Don't roleplay
KEY:
ADMIN
STAFF
MEMBER




RPG-D Rise of the Believers

Southern Winds Weyr
MANTA CARLOS WEATHER