1' Creature Form
12' Creature Form
Humanoid Form (Left)
- Height: 6'3" (Humanoid); 1' or 12' (Creature Forms).
- Body: Androgynous. Slim. Barely defined body features. Long tail flows from her back. Extremely light.
- Face: Long, elf-like ears. Nose and mouth are blackened, making it hard to see when her mouth is moving.
- Eyes: Very dark purple holes in her face.
- Hair: Back of her head is wavy to give the impression of hair.
- Voice: Voice sounds distant and close as if it's coming from multiple places at once. It also sounds like multiple adult women speaking the same thing at slightly different times.
- Clothing: Usually nothing. Wears a shifter tag in all forms.
Planner: Seeing the weak-points and cracks in the universe is rather useful for planning. Jao knows when something is unstable, the steps needed to fix it, and how long she has to complete the task. This does not make her perfect. She works best with Myst because he can see the order in the universe and express their ideas better, yet because of how she presents herself, people tend to go to her for leadership.
Unsociable: People aren't simple equations. They are chaotic creatures. Each one has its own thoughts, wants, fears, and many other aspects she has trouble decoding. Like Sela, she does not consider herself a person. Because of that, she finds these flaws she sees in both herself and people unnerving. These issues make Jao avoid people. She'll interact when she needs to, but she doesn't go out of her way to form relationships. Relationships she has tend to be through Sela or Myst.
There's not much to say on Jao and Myst. Soon after Sela came into existence, the emptiness of space suffocated them with loneliness. In their dream, Jao and Myst were born to provide Sela entertainment, advice, and love. Sela referred to them as their guardians, as they were always there when danger was near.
Since the start, Jao and Myst kept Sela out of trouble... until they were captured. Forced to be carried around in a bottle and escape boredom in their dream, the two could do nothing to free them. Their only option was to lift Sela's spirits in their dream. Sela's release did nothing to return their purpose. Instead of the emptiness of space, they were on a busy island full of strange creatures and rules. Jao and Myst did what they could to help Sela by showing them the best steps to navigate this world, but when they were also learning, their advice didn't always work out.
Time and time again Sela failed to integrate into Manta Carlos' culture. With a dorm parent and minder keeping track of their behavior, the rules of society, and the constant cultural clashing, making sense of what was happening around them became near impossible. It didn't take long for Sela to break. Feeling trapped on the island with the only allies in their head, Jao and Myst were given enough power to leave Sela's body and take on their own. From there, they took on a more direct approach with keeping Sela safe.
Part of a Whole: Jao, Myst, and Sela are all connected but distinct individuals. As such, some of their abilities are either similar or the same. Some things they share in particular are:
- They are mentally connected, allowing them to share memories and telepathically communicate.
- Senses and bodies can be shared.
- Jao returns to Sela's dimension when she sleeps. She must leave through Sela to reenter the awake world.
Ordered Chaos: By focusing on a specific point in space-time that they are observing, Jao/Myst can see all of the potential points of interference that cause disorderly events. This allows Jao/Myst to determine which events need to occur in order to reach what they would consider an optimal outcome. Whether or not they can achieve this outcome is another matter entirely.
Change it Up: Jao can take on any form between the sizes of 1' and 12' but will always retain her colors and patterns. Her shape-shifting is only cosmetic.
Order in Chaos: Jao can see the inherent patterns and symmetry even in the most chaotic and random things. This allows Jao to be able to predict the outcome of random events as they are occurring, such as which face a thrown die will land on.
Keep it Together: Jao is hard gas with no internal structure and no need for most bodily functions. Putting enough pressure on her body where you might push skin near a person's organ will make you slip through her. She reforms around anything inside of her.
Jao cannot die but can be stunned. When something goes straight through her body, she "destabilizes" as she reforms to fill the gap. Reforming doesn't take more than a couple of seconds based on how big the hole is, but during those seconds, most of her focus goes to fixing her body, leaving her immobilized. If more holes are made, she'll be stunned for longer.
- Can fly up to 60 miles-per-hour.
- Supernatural agility and hearing as strong as a wolf's. Night vision.
- Voice sounds distant and close as if it's coming from multiple places at once. It also sounds like multiple adult women speaking the same thing at slightly different times.
- Needs no basic necessities, such as sleep or food.
- The stars on Jao's body sparkle and glow in proportion to her mood. Positivity makes them shine, negativity makes them dim. They can shine brightly enough to light up a small radius around them in a dark room.
Paradox Loop: Logically impossible statements can cause Jao to freeze as her mind attempts to codify and solve the equation of the statement in a satisfactory way. Such statements can leave her entirely immobile and unresponsive until she is called back into Sela's world or Myst initiates physical contact with her to break the loop. This can also lead Jao to become stuck in her loop if she does not have the logical frame of reference to understand a concept (such as the rules, however alien, that dictate behavior and physiology of Eldritch creatures).
Connected: When Jao, Myst, or Sela suffers, they all do. If one's form is destabilized from their emotion, the same will happen to the others. If Sela is forcibly put to sleep by having their horn touched or is trapped in a container, Jao and Myst will fall asleep and return to Sela's world. Sela causes the most effects on the two, while Jao and Myst's effects will be more subtle.
Weak Mind. Weak Body: 50% more vulnerable to mental magic. Jao can't lift past 50 pounds and she is so light that moderate wind can make it difficult for her to stay in place. Moving on her feet is clumsy and slow.
Defunct Senses: Jao's senses, other than hearing and eyesight, are defunct. She can't taste or smell. She only experiences a numb sensation when touched. She can only gain those senses in Sela's dream world.
Lives in Sela's dream world. Has access to whatever they have access to.
Mathematical Manipulation, Ordered Chaos, Order in Chaos, and Paradox Loop were written by Kada.